The Kingston’s and their ancestors (Sheehan’s) have been in business on Market Street in Killorglin since 1889. Initially opened as a Drapery, selling fine suits and garments the business has transformed over the decades and now specializes in luxury accommodation.
Castle Conway also known as Killorglin Castle was built in 1215 AD and was the first castle to be constructed in the town of Killorglin. Due to destruction it was rebuilt in 1613, until it was mostly demolished in 1842, with much of its stone used to contsruct other building in Killorglin. One wall of Castle Conway still remains which can be viewed from our Carrauntoohil Room. The remaining wall of Castle Conway also makes up 1 wall of our beer garden in our traditional pub.
Puck Fair is Ireland’s Oldest Festival, records of the festival date back to 1613 when a tax being put on all animals entering the already existing fair.
No one knows the origins of the festival but it has been going on for over 400 years! Before they erected a stand in the town square to place the King of Puck on, King Puck was placed on top of Castle Conway located just behind our Carrauntoohil room.